Make-Your-Own Paper Seedling Pots
We were inspired to create another use for the in-room Field Reports you’ll find during your stay at 1 Hotels, so we put together 5 easy steps to turn them into a pot for herbs or small plants. Try it yourself; give your newspaper a second life and get your spring garden started.
Can or drinking glass
1. Cut your sheet of newspaper in half down the center seam and fold the sheet in half lengthwise.
2. Set the can/glass on its side 2 inches from the edge of the paper and roll the newspaper around the can to make a cylinder.
3. Fold the free end of the newspaper down. Continue folding inward to create the base.
4. Slip the paper off the can or glass. Fold the top inch of the pot inward to make a stable rim.
5. Hold the pot by the bottom to keep it closed. Fill to the top with moistened seed-starting soil and plant 1-2 seeds.
Pro tip: When planting your seedlings, place the paper pot directly into the ground. The newspaper will decompose naturally!